Registration is now open through the SHOT system for the SCTP National Championships for International Disciplines being held July 27 – August 2 in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Here are some things you should know about the event:
- We have a block of 15 rooms at the Holiday Inn Central Colorado Springs. These rooms are being held from July 26 through August 2 at a rate of $89 for a regular room and $119 for a suite. Both include breakfast. To reserve, call the hotel directly at 719-424-4300 and ask for the Scholastic Clay Target block. The block will be held until July 10, 2015. Any extra rooms will be released after that.
- We have a limited number of beds available at the Olympic Training Center, available on a first-come, first-served basis. These rooms are $60 per night per person for athletes and coaches. This price includes all meals. Contact Amanda Wondrash at firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations and dates available. Deadline to reserve space at the OTC is June 15.
Transportation will NOT be provided for athletes to and from the OTC.
- We will be shooting the following events and schedule:
International Skeet – Olympic Doubles – Bunker Trap.
Cost to participate is $85 per event. The number of athletes accepted will be restricted due to the time constraints, and spots will be filled by first squadded and paid, first in. Practice and training rounds will be available at a cost of $5 per round. Tickets for practice will be available at the range club house.
July 27 – Possibly some training to follow the JO’s in the afternoon
July 28 – Official training and practice day, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
August 2 – Evening – Awards ceremony with food and drinks at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort starting at about 6:00 p.m. Everyone is invited to attend. There will be special guest speakers, door prizes, and lots more. If possible, please let Amanda know if you will be attending the banquet and the number of people. This will ensure we have enough food and drink for all. Athletes and coaches are at no charge, additional people are $10 each. The SCTP will be covering the additional cost of the banquet.
The SCTP will have Nobel Sport Intl. ammo available for $60 per case. Sizes available are 7 ½, 8 and 9 ½.
- Coaches – Please squad your athletes on our website. If you are not sure how to do this, contact us. The athletes will be squadded randomly for shooting purposes, but SCTP will use their squads for determining squad winners for team awards and endowment funds.
Squad awards will be provided as follows:
College/College Open Division – 1st and 2nd places
Senior Division – 1st – 5th places
Intermediate Division – 1st – 3rd
Open Division – 1st – 3rd
College – 1st – 3rd
Senior Division – 1st – 3rd
Intermediate Division – 1st – 3rd
Rookie Division – 1st – 3rd
- All athletes competing in this event must be registered with the SCTP and with USA Shooting.
- The SCTP, in conjunction with USA Shooting, will be awarding a number of spots on the U.S. Junior National Team as a result of scores shot at this event. Some categories will require a minimum qualifying score (MQS) that will be posted prior to the event.
- SCTP is looking for certified referees to help with some of the matches. If you have a current certification and are interested in helping, please contact us.
- If you have questions or comments, feel free to contact a member of the SCTP team:
Match Director – Tom Wondrash – email@example.com
Administrative Coordinator – Amanda Wondrash – firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Assistant – April Carr – email@example.com
Director of Development – Scott Moniot – firstname.lastname@example.org
Regional Field Representative – Hank Garvey – email@example.com
Regional Field Representative – Chet Tuinstra – firstname.lastname@example.org
Regional Field Representative – Jennifer Kirchhoefer – email@example.com