2018 Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation Scholarship Program
The Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation (SSSF), the National Governing Body of the Scholastic Clay Target Program (SCTP) and the Scholastic Action Shooting Program (SASP), is once again offering a scholarship program to reward deserving SCTP/SASP graduating seniors with needed college assistance. The main objective is to award as many scholarships as possible to qualifying SCTP / SASP graduating seniors.
Since 2013 SSSF has awarded over $300,000 in scholarship funds benefiting over 300 student athletes from 39 different states in the Scholastic Clay Target and Scholastic Action Shooting programs.
SSSF is establishing minimal guidelines for the selection procedure, thus allowing the final selection to be as simple as possible.
*NOTE – You must be a current and paid member of the SCTP or SASP national organization at time of application submission! See details on how to complete your team registration here.
Each applicant must be a graduating senior within the year of the awarded scholarship and must be registered for college before the scholarship is awarded in that same year.
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative Grade Point Average through the most recent grading period ending on or before April 1, 2018.
- Each prospective recipient must be registered as a full-time college student before the scholarship is awarded and must provide the name of the post-secondary college or community/ junior college to receive the scholarship proceeds. Each scholarship check will be mailed to the appropriate college in the student’s name by October 1, 2018. The scholarship funds are to be used for tuition, fees, etc. This is a one-time, non-renewable scholarship.
- Applicants may not be in receipt of any “full” scholarship funds in order to qualify (i.e., athletics, military academy, academic, etc.).
- Applicants must have participated during 2017-2018 in one of their SCTP / SASP State Championships, National Championships, or regional events in Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays, or Olympic Bunker; Olympic Skeet Championships, Pistol or Rifle.
- Applicants must be able to complete all parts of the application packet:
Application / Personal Information Page:
- One Page Student Resume or School and Non-School Activities and Honors
- One Page Essay (see Essay Guidelines)
- Must attach current high school transcript or home school transcript!
Download the complete application form here…
Application and all supporting materials must be received by April 21, 2018 – no exceptions.
Photo Credit Carla Jennings Photography